To provide clinical oversight and management, timely medical advice and ensure implementation of all medical matters relating to clinical apheresis patients, Specialised Therapeutics Services (STS) clinical staff, and medical doctors managing clinical apheresis patients. To provide training and development to STS clinical staff and medical doctors managing clinical apheresis patients. To promote the SANBS STS product and service offering to new and existing clinical units.
- Strategic Business Planning and Implementation relating to Clinical Apheresis service provision
- Quality assurance and compliance to standards of practice, policies, procedures
- Customer and stakeholder relationship building
- Aligned people management KPI's
- Conducting research that leads to innovative implementation of solutions
- Improving integral processes for STS area and related medical activities
- Analytical Thinking and attention to detail
- Holistic / big picture thinking
- Judgement and decision making
- Innovative thinking
- Problem Solving
- Personal development
- Excellence Orientation
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Professional image and visibility
- Customer Service orientation
- Knowledge sharing
- Organisational awareness
- Relationship building
- Process engineering / system compliance
- Technical skills/competence
- Best Practice Thinking
- Motivating People
- Participative Leadership
- Practical execution management
- Registration with HPCSA
- Additional qualification/ 3 years’ experience in the field of haematology, haematopathology, internal medicine, transfusion medicine or related field
- Current GCP certification would be advantageous
- Medical practitioner with 5 years’ experience managing hospital in-patients in academic hospital at medical officer / registrar level
- Ideal: Additional experience as clinical trial investigator, clinical research associate or similar.
- Additional experience working in a clinical quality system
- Understanding of extracorporeal modalities in clinical care (e.g. dialysis, apheresis).
- Good clinical acumen in hospitalised patients.
- Understanding of the clinical indications for the transfusion of blood products.
- Work in person and remotely with teams of doctors, nurses, health administrative staff, blood bank staff.
- Ability to influence people outside of one’s direct control.
- Computer literacy: MS Office.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of hospital systems involved in patient care.