An opportunity has become available for a Medical Technician/Technologist Red Cell Serology Laboratory. The Incumbent will perform the overall operations in the Red Cell Serology Laboratory in relation to routine and specialised technical functions, quality and administration.
Key Performance Areas
- Operational Duties
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality duties
- Administrative Functions
- Specialised Technical Functions
- Analytical Thinking and Attention to Detail
- Ethical behavior Customer Service Orientation
- Technical and Professional
- Practical Execution
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Conflict Management Best Practice thinking
- Motivating people
- Problem Solving
- Planning, Organizing and Monitoring
- HPCSA Registered Medical Technician/Technologist Blood Transfusion (preference will be given to Medical Technologists)
- 2 years Experience in general Blood Banking
- Understanding of Blood Transfusion Standards.
- Understanding of HPCSA regulations.
- Understanding of SANAS regulations and audit process.
- SAP and Meditech.
- Overtime as and when required.
- Proficient eye-sight and reasonable mobility.