South African National Blood Service has an opportunity for a Registered Professional Nurse in the blood collections department. The position is for the Mobiles team.
Primary Purpose of the job:
To assess the acceptability of a Donor according to a set protocol and perform all the procedures including Whole Blood, Whole Blood Autologous/Designate, Double Red Cell and Apheresis Platelet collections according to Standard Operating Procedures. In addition ensures collection targets are achieved. These functions are performed routinely.
Achieve Quality and Risk compliance
Manage Clinic Staff on ad hoc bases to ensure good relations, teamwork, employee commitment and a professional service delivery.
Analytical thinking and attention to detail
Customer Service Orientation
1. All applications will be considered with reference to SANBS' Employment Equity Plan
2. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not be contacted within three weeks after the closing date
Furthermore note that no advertisement may in any way make reference to /or exclude anybody based on race, gender etc.
Registered Professional Nurse (RPN).
2 Years Registered Professional Nurse experience
- Current registration with SANC.
- Current CPR Certificate to be renewed as required.
- Incumbent may be required to drive a company vehicle from time to time as per operational requirements.
- Current valid code 8 or 10 drivers license
- Must be prepared to work overtime, weekends and variable hours within the prescribed limits and conditions.
incumbent will be required to be on his/her feet for a lengthy period, to carry
loads of up to 14kg and assist with loading and off-loading vehicles and able
to climb stairs.